This is a monthly “newsletter”, containing a list of what I enjoyed the most last month. Whether it was a full length movie, short film, music album, book or even a painting.
What I am watching
- Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010)
Street art was something I saw people doing, but thought of it as a way to express yourself, nothing more. The movie showed me a few other angles. Fantastic story, beautifully told.
Rat race, man.
All the episodes are free to watch now, yay!
What I am reading
Clear and concise advices for 5 types of imposter syndrome (perfectionist, superwoman/men, natural genius, rugged individualist, expert).
“There’s a wonderful story to tell about how we evolved, from dust, to become what we are today. Jaynes’s contribution is to have written the first draft of a new chapter of that story about how we became not just thinking meat, but introspective meat.”
“Money, like, there’s an unlimited amount of capital in the world, you know? Anna said to me at one point. There’s limited amounts of people who are talented.”
- You are about to enter the war zone. Be prepared for pain.
- Choose partners over brands
- Set a time limit for your raise
- Seek out investors who truly believe in YOU
- Don’t take anything personally
- Avoid educational meetings
- Research your investors
- Learn to tailor your pitch to the investor
- Ordering is important
- Get good at playing the analogy game
- Don’t give up too early
- It’s a numbers game, especially at the Seed stage
- You don’t have a deal until the docs are signed and the money is in the bank
- Think twice if an investor doesn’t respect your time
- Go directly to partners (if possible)