This is a monthly “newsletter”, containing a list of what I enjoyed the most last month. Whether it was a full length movie, short film, music album, book or even a painting.
Everything is opposite from what mainstream Western culture preaches— T. S. Eliott Wave (@CryptoMichaelT) July 8, 2018
True confidence comes from humility
True freedom comes from limitation
True contentment comes from faith
True happiness comes from dissolution of the self
What I am watching
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
I mostly wanted to watch this movie to compare it with the book. It’s very good adaptation directed by Milos Forman, who later did Amadeus (1984). The film won Oscars in the five most important categories: Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay. One of only three films in history to do so (alongside It Happened One Night and The Silence of the Lambs), it firmly established Forman’s reputation.
Why Is the Mona Lisa So Famous?
Really? Who would have thought…
- 5 Habits That Will Make Your Average Day Happier
What I am reading
- A series of very insightful tweets titled How to Get Rich (without getting lucky) by Naval Ravikant
How to Get Rich (without getting lucky):— Naval (@naval) May 31, 2018
- Another thought provoking thread by Logan Allen
Thread: My Incomplete Theses as of 8/28/18— logan allen (@yungdeleuze) August 30, 2018
”… a small dawn light simulator that emits gradual light to replicate the natural circadian process of sunrise. In an ideal world every athlete would combine one of those with black-out curtains, temperature control and clean air.”
Recommended temperature for sleep is 16C-18C.
- lower resting heart rate is better (60-100 is fine)
- 200-300 minutes of moderate to vigorous active minutes a week will make your heart stronger
- That sweet spot is not 8 hours of sleep a night - its 7.25 hours